Saturday, July 4, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMERICA!!!!

Over the last several weeks I've been reminded how blessed I am to live in this great counrty. I know it has changed A LOT since I was a child (my husband and some friends were discussing this recently), but I'd rather be here than anywhere else in the world.

Where else can you gather to tell the government that you don't like what they're doing without fear of reprisal? Where else can you work at a job you want to have, or go to a college of your choice to study the field of your choice?

I've also been thinking a lot about our military. My nephew will be joining the Army this fall. I am so proud of his decision and of others like him who are willing to give of their time and effort to help keep this county safe. To all of our men and women in uniform (home and abroad) I thank you for your service and dedication to our country.

As the Lee Greenwood song says "I'm proud to be an American" on her birthday, and everyday of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.