Monday, October 25, 2010

How do you replenish your muse?

I've been working at finishing my first draft of The Lost Princess before November gets here so I can come back to it in December with fresh eyes.  I am almost done (one chapter remaining).  Last week, however, I noticed I was struggling to write, and feeling at a loss for words.  My muse was tired.

So, I went into the bedroom and stared at my pile of books to be read (there are so many, I don't even know what they all are.)  I decided to pick up the second book of the Percy Jackson Series, The Sea of Monsters, and I wasn't disappointed.

Yesterday, while watching football at the neighbors, I took over a pen and notebook, and book three, The Titan's Curse.  I was sucked into the story and finished, returning home to start (and finish) book four, The Battle of the Labyrinth.  And, yes, you guessed it, I started book five, The Last Olympian this morning. 

So, when your muse gets tired, what do you do to refresh it?

2 comments:

  1. I read also or clean the house. Cleaning especially helps me to get it together because I'd rather be writing than cleaning any day. Thank God my muse needs reminding weekly huh? I may be an author in the slushpile but I refuse to live in one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TC- I also find my muse loves it when I do laundry. She always seems to show up as I am folding clothes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.