Friday, December 10, 2010

Buckeyes

This is one of my favorite Christmas Cookie recipes (even though they aren't cookies).  Quick, easy, and good anytime of year, I give you my mother's Buckeye Recipe.  I posted a variant of this recipe here last year.  Both are good- I recommend you try each and see which you prefer.  Enjoy!

Buckeyes
2 pounds creamy peanut butter
1 pound butter
3 pounds confectioners sugar
2 packages chocolate chips
1/2 bar paraffin

Mix peanut butter and butter.  Add confectioner's sugar until smooth.  Form into small balls.  Refrigerate.  Melt the chocolate chips and paraffin in a double boiler.  Dip peanut butter balls in the chocolate and set on silpat (matfer) or wax paper.  Let cool.  Eat and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.