Monday, April 16, 2012

Back to Normal?

Hope you all had a great week last week. It was spring break here which is why I was MIA. This week everything goes back to normal, whatever that is!

I have finished the first draft of DIFFERENT KIND OF KNIGHT (DKK). As usual, I need to just about double my word count, but I am finding this is the way my drafts work. I underwrite them.I also got some feedback on THE LOST PRINCESS (TLP) [Thanks Nicole!] and am working on some much needed rewrites for that. I knew it needed to be done, but the validation from another set of eyes helped to confirm it and show just where it was weakest. I cannot understate the wonderfulness of great Critique Partners!

In other news, Michelle awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks Michelle!



These are the rules:

- Share 7 completely random pieces of information about myself.
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award and inform them of their nomination by posting a comment on their blogs.

OK, for the 7 random pieces of info:

1) I sort my paperclips at work into small clips and large clips. My co-worker thinks this is very funny and keeps threatening to mix them up on me just to watch me sort back through them.

2) I drink coffee in the morning to wake up and at night to go sleep. No, it isn't decaf, although I have had decaf in the morning to wake up. Hmm. Maybe it's just the taste or, more likely and much more boring, the routine.

3) I recently learned I really like to watch Anime. My current favorite is Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (although I really enjoyed Fullmetal Alchemist, too)

4) I like to keep a flower bed, but break out in hives when I garden because I am allergic to my plants. Oh well, at least they will look pretty.

5) I constantly repeat the alphabet in my mind when I am filing things in alphabetical order.

6) I like even numbers, and when I eat candies, I usually eat them in groups of 2.

7) I can play almost any instrument, except strings.

Now, as you have all seen recently, I am becoming a terrible rule breaker. I thought about playing eenie, meenie, minie, moe to see who my random 15 would be, but I was too lazy to do that. Instead, I decided to nominate all of you. So, grab the badge, post it on your blog and share 7 random facts. And, if you don't want to be a rule breaker, pick 15 followers to tag with it.

Have a great Monday!!!

3 comments:

  1. Ha, these are interesting facts Mary. I wouldn't have pegged you as a paperclip sorter:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be cruel of your coworkers to mix up your paperclips for their entertainment.

    Okay, that totally sounds like something I would do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great facts, Mary. And don't worry about breaking the rules - you're a rebel! LOL!

    Congrats on finishing DKK. I'm horrible at underwriting, too. I'm trying to beef up my current WIP.

    Michelle :)
    www.michelle-pickett.com/blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.