Monday, March 3, 2014

Interview with Lukor and Ivy from Nicole Zoltack's BLODLUST

For today's interviews, I traveled out to a nearby wood to meet with Ivy, a Barbarian, and Lukor, a Goliath. I was a little initmidated by their size, but after meeting them, and speaking with them, I found them to be quite a charming, albeit a little dauting, couple.

MW: Thank you so much for agreeing to talk to me.

Ivy: Nicole asked us to, and for her, we will do almost anything.

She sniffed the air and grinned, revealing several sharp teeth.

MW: Ivy, you were raised to believe the goliaths to be an enemy, so why did you trust Lukor?

Ivy: I didn’t. Not for the longest time. I mean, would you turn your back on someone who somehow managed to draw blood first on you? I still don’t know how that happened…

She looks accusingly at Lukor and he smiles at her.

MW: Lukor, if you hadn't stumbled upon Ivy, would you have still continued with your plan to seek revenge for your sister's death?

Lukor: Yes. There’s no doubt in my mind. You could say I was blinded by revenge like barbarians are with their Bloodlust.

His eyes light up and his tusks peek out from his lips as he smiles at Ivy.

MW: Ivy, what was your first thought when you saw Lukor?

Ivy: I didn’t realize at first he was a goliath. He was masquerading as a barbarian, hiding in shadows. He was watching me bathe. Of course I had to defend myself. And then when I smelled him and realized he was a goliath, my first thought was to kill him.

They share a smile and a chuckle.

MW: Lukor, what was your first thought when you saw Ivy?

Lukor: I was surprised to see a barbarian outside of their lands when there was so much unrest. When I recognized her as their princess, she had seen me and I had no choice but to reveal myself. That she sought out a battle did not shock me, and I welcomed it.

Ivy gives him a not so gentle shove.

MW: Ivy, what do you find to be Lukor's most endearing trait?

Ivy: Endearing? What a strange term. He respects me, understands me, sometimes even seems to know what I am thinking.

MW: How about his most annoying trait?

Ivy: Annoying? Since he knows me so well, he knows precisely how to irritate me, although he does not so much now as he used to.

MW: Lukor, what do you find to be Ivy's most endearing trait?

Lukor: She’s so strong and capable and yet feminine at the same time.

MW: How about her most annoying trait?

Lukor: I must say that I do not understand how she can wear such bloodied clothing all the time.

Ivy runs a hand over her blood spattered skirt and shrugs.

MW: Ivy, how do you keep yourself from going into Bloodlust?

Ivy: I still would not say I know how to control it completely. It’s such a rush that just overwhelms you, flooding you with power and strength, enhances your senses. It makes you feel invulnerable. No wonder so many barbarians are swayed by its power so easily.

MW: Lukor, what do you do to keep Ivy from attacking you while she's in bloodlust?

Lukor: Pray, mostly. It’s not easy and each time, I find myself closer and closer to death.

MW: Anything you think we should know that we don't?

Ivy: Love makes you do foolish things.

Lukor: But it’s worth it.

Ivy: Most of the time.

Lukor: Well, some of it.

Ivy: Excuse me? Where’s my sword?

Lukor laughs and Ivy smiles.

OK. Now for some rapid fire questions.

Coffee or tea? 
Ivy: Neither, but if I had to choose, tea, I guess.

Beer or wine?
Lukor: Salamander Wine

Chocolate or bacon?
Ivy grins viciously.
Ivy: Bacon

Moonlit stroll or fierce battle?
Lukor smiles fiercely and answers at the same time as Ivy
Lukor & Ivy: Fierce battle

MW: Thanks for letting me visit!

Lukor: You are welcome in our wood anytime.

Ivy: Yes. Oh, Nicole wanted me to tell your blog visitors-I think that was what she called them- that the first ten people who email proof of purchase of BLOODLUST to NicoleZoltack@gmail.com will be gifted another one of her stories. Spread the word about this and you might win another novel!

MW: What a wonderful gift!



Desperation…

Barbarian-Princess Ivy is unwilling to allow her father to provoke the other races into war and forms an unlikely alliance with Lukor the goliath to save her people from utter destruction.

Betrayal…

Unbeknownst to her, Lukor blames the barbarians for murdering his sister and plans on sabotaging her goal.

Bloodlust…

Almost despite each other, they grow to respect each other on their journey to decode secret messages from the trolls. But nothing Ivy can do will prevent the war as her father is blinded by Bloodlust and incites it himself. Not even killing him and becoming Barbaroness can stop the tide. And when Bloodlust claims Ivy, forcing her to kill everyone in her path, she must make a choice to destroy even Lukor, who she may have started to fall for and him in return.

Add it on  Goodreads
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Kobo



Bio:
Nicole Zoltack loves to write in many genres, especially fantasy romance. When she's not writing about knights, superheroes, or zombies, she loves to spend time with her loving husband and three energetic boys. She enjoys riding horses (pretending they're unicorns!) and going to the PA Renaissance Faire, dress in garb. She'll also read anything she can get her hands on. To learn more about Nicole and her writing, visit her  HYPERLINK "http://nicolezoltack.blogspot.com/" blog.

1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.