Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Who Would You Cast?


I always enjoy spending time online looking for just the right person to capture the look of my character. Often, I print out pictures of actors and actresses to look at while I write so I can see my character even better for when I describe them.

In The Mystery Prince I didn't do this. I knew pretty well when I stared what I wanted them to look like, so I never did the search. So I'm curious, who would you cast for Tristan and Zoe based on these descriptions?


Zoe:

Princess Zoe easily kept pace with the quick steps of the dance. Blonde hair, so pale it looked almost white, flared as she spun round and round, guided by Tynen's hand. She appeared fragile and delicate, bringing Tristan's protective instincts to life.

Unlike the other revelers, she wore no mask. A simple disguise could never hide the princess' identity, not with hair like hers. No one in the nine kingdoms had locks as fair. Nor did any have eyes like hers—aquamarines bathed in sunlight.

Tristan:

A slight tremor of anticipation tickled down her spine, and her eyes widened in appreciation of the man standing before her. He stood a good head taller than she and appeared quite muscular. At least that's what his doublet and form fitting trousers revealed to her as she skimmed a discreet glance at his body.

Sandy-blond hair brushed his broad shoulders. He wore it loose, a custom in several neighboring kingdoms. Behind his black domino, blue-green eyes glittered in the candlelight.


Tristan enjoys being in the shadows as Prince Rand's bodyguard. Similar in looks, the two often exchanged places in their youth, but he never expected the king to order him to impersonate the heir to the throne in order to win the hand of a princess. 

Princess Zoe needs to find a husband. After a year of searching with no success, her father insists on hosting a masquerade ball for the eligible princes of the nine kingdoms. Not one prince piques her interest, until she meets the mysterious stranger who won't tell her his name.

When Tristan meets Zoe he finds the girl of his dreams. The only problem? She's a princess and he's impersonating a prince―a crime punishable by imprisonment and floggings.

Unable to tell Zoe his real name, he gives her a special navigation device. One that leads to the owner's true love. Will this magic device lead Zoe to Tristan, or will her true love forever remain a mystery prince?








1 comment:

  1. After some looking, I think Candice Accola (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2127038/?ref_=tt_cl_t5) could work for Zoe and Alex Pettyfer (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1641117/mediaindex?page=1&ref_=nmmi_mi_sm) could work for Tristan. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.