Tuesday, August 19, 2014

His Royal Hotness Week~Day Two



Today I welcome my fellow MuseItUp sister Christina Weigand as she introduces us to some of the princes from her Palace of the Twelve Pillars series. Welcome Chris and Honored guests!



Interview with Prince Airyn and Prince Gorou:
Me: Greetings King Joachim and Brandan. I see that you have brought two young men with you. Would you like to introduce them to our readers?

Joachim: Yes. I would like to present my son and heir to the throne of Crato, Prince Airyn. And this is Brandan’s son Prince Gorou. He is heir to the throne of Grilwood if that is his desire. You’ll have to excuse the boys if they seem a little cautious. You see they both have recently become aware of the fact they are princes and are still getting used to all the attention.

Me: Welcome Prince Airyn and Prince Gorou. It appears as if the two of you have had some interesting news and adventures of late. Would you care to share any of it?

Prince Airyn: W—w—ell I g—g—uess I c—c—ould.

King Joachim: Don’t worry son. You can talk to her, after all she is the author.

Prince Airyn: But I don’t know what to say.

Me: Just tell me a little about your adventures in Sanctuary of Nine Dragons.

Prince Gorou: How long do you have? A lot of stuff happened.

Brandan: Maybe I should start since most of the story is my fault. First, I didn’t know Gorou, my son existed. I was separated from his mother, Queen Gudrun, before he was born. As for Airyn, I stole him from my brother when he was but an infant, so neither knew of his true parentage.

Prince Airyn: That’s true. I was raised by General Lukan and Lady Molly, father’s friend and leader of his personal guard.

Prince Gorou: And I lived with Derdrom, but he really wasn’t a father. I spent most of my time with Airyn’s family. General Lukan even sponsored me so I could go to Dietfried Academy when Airyn and his brother, Tomas went.

Me: How did you two discover you were princes?

Prince Airyn: I would say it was more thrust upon us than discovered. Uncle Brandan took me from the only family I had ever known and tried to use me to destroy the king, the man who was the father I had never known.

Me: Prince Gorou, how did you find out?

Prince Gorou: My discovery wasn’t nearly as dramatic as Airyn’s. Tomas and I had been purposely captured by the wizard’s guards in an effort to rescue Airyn. We were reunited in the dungeons. And after Master Adept Rupert showed up with the girls, he kind of let it slip that the wizard was my father and Princess Gudrun my mother.


Me: Which girls?

Prince Gorou: I’m sorry. Princess Enit, Airyn’s twin sister and Ciara, Tomas’s twin sister.




Me: Now that you mentioned girls, do either of you have girlfriends?

Prince Airyn: There hasn’t been much time for that with the Mantion war, finding new families and learning to be a prince. If you asked Tomas, I’m sure he’d have a different answer. Every girl on campus wanted to be with him, but he only had eyes for one. It was kind of funny when he realized it was my sister Enit.

Prince Gorou: Too bad you weren’t there to see the look on his face. Ciara and I had a good laugh before Ciara got serious. You know how she can get all grown-up and everything.

Prince Airyn: Yeah, but that’s a good thing sometimes. She’s always there lifting me up, especially when Tomas knocks me down.

Me: Sounds like there could be something brewing there, especially since you know she isn’t your sister now.

Prince Airyn: Well maybe, but I don’t have time for that right now and neither does Ciara. I don’t see her or Enit very often since they moved to Dun Dealgan.

Me: And Gorou, what about you, any girls?

Prince Gorou: No not for me. I don’t have time for that.

Me: So what are the two of you doing now and what does the future hold?

Prince Airyn: Well, for the present and the near future I am serving an apprenticeship with Master Adept Salochin and of course my father to learn how to be a king and adept. It seems like too much for me to learn, but Father and my teachers think I can do it, that I can learn to be a king. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to do the job as well as Father. And when everyone feels I am ready, I suppose I will become king.

We continue to rebuild the country and build a peace with all of the peoples of Ramajadin. At least that’s what Father says. Some days I’m not so sure, especially when we hear reports of Mantion fighting in the mountains. Of course it is nothing like before, but peace still seems fleeting.

Prince Gorou: I am much in the same boat as Airyn. I am serving an apprenticeship with the Kningrad to learn to tap into magic that I didn’t even know I had and heal. Being able to heal even without magic is so satisfying, that is until Tomas stops by and tries to put me down. But I am getting better at standing up for myself and ignoring him.

As far as being the King of the Mantion, I’m still not sure about it. I am kind of hoping Mother will have another child so I don’t have to do it. I would much rather stay with Airyn in Wyrzburg. But it shall be as Asha wills it.

Me: It seems we are out of time. Thank you Prince Airyn and Prince Gorou as well as you King Joachim and Brandan. It was wonderful to talk to you and get to know the princes. I hope we can talk again soon.


Top 5 Disney Princes (in ascending order):
5) John Smith
4) Flynn Rider
3) Kristoff
2) Prince Adam/Beast
1) Prince Charming

Random Trivia about princes:
-Remember the Christmas song Good King Wenceslaus? Well, I was surprised to leanr there's a Prince Wenzeslaus (okay, so the spelling is slightly different) and he's from Liechtenstein. 

-Prince Joachim of Belgium (not to be confused with our special guest from above!) is the first female-line member of the royal family to be born a prince and have succession rights to the throne.

-Future Saudi kings will be chosen by a group of Saudi princes, rather than a line of succession.


Book Recommendations:
Quest of the Hart by Mary Waibel
Palace of the Twelve Pillars trilogy by Christina Weigand


Joachim banishes Brandan to prison island of Hyogo. His infant son, Prince Airyn disappears from his cradle. A chain of events is set in motion that will pit brother against brother, friend against friend, parents against children as Brandan and Joachim struggle for control of their sanity and their very lives.

With Brandan declared dead and his son missing Joachim sinks into despair and anger, where those close to him fear he may never return.

Is Brandan really dead and if he is, who is manipulating the Mantion and enemies of Crato?

Can Maeve save her country and her husband from the tentacles of evil pervading the land?


Christina Weigand’s a writer, wife, and mother of three grown children and a middle school daughter. She is also Nana to three granddaughters. She lives with her husband and youngest daughter in Washington State after a lifetime in Pennsylvania. Currently, she’s working on fantasy novels and inspirational writing. Through her writing she strives to share the Word of God and help people young and old to realize the love and mercy He has for everyone.When she’s not writing she’s active in her local Church as a lector, volunteering at her daughter’s school in the library as well as helping the children develop a love for reading and writing, Bible Study or with the church theater group. Jesus fills her home with love as she shares Him through her writing.





If you stopped by early yesterday, you probably missed the raffle that was posted, so head over here and see what you missed once you've checked out Christina's raffle! 



Be sure to stop back tomorrow for more prince-ly things and another raffle!



5 comments:

  1. (smacks self upside the head!) I totally forgot to add the link to April's blog today (sorry April! I'm blaming it on too many irons in the fire!)

    Be sure to stop over and check out the hunky prince April is talking about today, as well as her list of awesome movies you really should watch. http://projectinga.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mary for letting the princes visit this week. It was a first for them as their fathers have done all the interviewing up to this point. It was great fun and I can't wait to see the princes from the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome Chris. It's great to meet the princes!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the link over, Mary. :) Great interview today! So much fun getting a deeper look at characters. Just makes you want to read their stories even more (or again and again...) lol. Looking forward to tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Sorry I forgot it in the post. I did get the link in the rest of the posts, though!

      And yes, getting a deeper look does make you want to read a story for the first time, or as you said, again and again!

      Looking forward to tomorrow, too!

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.