Monday, January 11, 2016

Once Upon a Time



As a fantasy author, I'm often inspired by fairy tales and folklore. While researching for my stories, I've spent time reading the original tales and watching the animated adaptations created by Disney and Warner Brothers.

On Mondays over the next few months (excluding the first Monday of each month), I'm going to take a look at five tales turned to animated movies and share my thoughts on how they compare to the original tale, how the role of the female main character is reflective (or not!) of the time the movie was produced, and if the two leads would actually make a good couple in real life.

The movies I'll be focusing on are:

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, and Quest for Camelot.

So, fire up your DVD player and check out the following links so you're ready to talk about how Snow White compares to the original Grimm tale next Monday!




6 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! Wish I'd thought of it. :) Can't wait to join the discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kai!

    I hope a lot of fun will be had with these upcoming posts. I can't wait to see the discussions and hear what all of you think about my thoughts,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! Very much looking forward to your analysis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea. I'll have to check back because I love fairy tales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fairy tales are so much fun! Looking forward to your input, Bev!

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by. I love reading comments and will respond by e-mail as soon as possible.